GEI supports development organisations to integrate gender effectively across their work by:
- Writing targeted, accessible, evidence-based resources
- Building capacity on gender mainstreaming
- Policy review
- Providing advice and direct support to policy-makers and practitioners
- Funding proposal writing and review
Previous examples include:
- Supporting the Commonwealth Secretariat to develop effective gender capacity building approaches, using a participatory gender audit approach.
- Supporting the World Food Programme through a $1 million USAID-funded programme to improve organisational learning and integration of in gender through ‘ground up’ participatory approaches.
- Developing and disseminating excellent, globally renowned ‘go-to’ resources for BRIDGE on effective gender integration in critical areas of development that include climate change, food security, social movements, unpaid care-work, information and communication technologies and migration.
GEI is a gender and social inclusion consultancy established in 2020 by its Director, Dr Alyson Brody. GEI provides services to a wide range of development organisations globally. At the heart of GEI is a commitment to supporting positive social change through high quality, innovative approaches and outputs. We guarantee high levels of expertise, professionalism and excellence.