Gender research and analysis
GEI undertakes high-level gender research and analysis, with an emphasis on qualitative and participatory approaches. Services include
- Research design and implementation
- Desk and field research
- Policy review
- Gender audits and impact assessments
- Conducting key informant interviews and focus group discussions
- Supporting development professionals to design and undertake research
- Data analysis and write-up
Previous examples include:
- Gender Country Assessments of Georgia (https://www.adb.org/documents/georgia-country-gender-assessment) and the Kyrgyz Republic for the Asian Development Bank (https://www.adb.org/documents/kyrgyz-republic-country-gender-assessment-2019)
- Country Gender Profile of Mongolia for the European Union
- Analysis of gender in the health workforce in Somaliland and Uganda (https://www.thet.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Exploring-Gender-Equality-in-the-Health-Workforce-1.pdf)
- Doctoral research on migration and economic empowerment of women in informal and low-paid sectors in Thailand, using participant observation methods, surveys and life story analysis.
GEI is a gender and social inclusion consultancy established in 2020 by its Director, Dr Alyson Brody. GEI provides services to a wide range of development organisations globally. At the heart of GEI is a commitment to supporting positive social change through high quality, innovative approaches and outputs. We guarantee high levels of expertise, professionalism and excellence.